We are an off-road caravan/trailer and camping gear rental company. We also repair and service off-road caravans and trailers.
We also cater for photography safari/tours and provide a wide range of photography services e.g. weddings, events, travel etc. photography.
Our activities include FREE advice on destinations and we can help you help to plan your dream safari.
Our Ngonyama Safari Club do tours and safaris and offer courses in Wildlife Photography, Bush Mechanics, GPS navigation, 4x4 Towing and Safari Cooking [and planning].
Please browse through our web pages -this site is updated on a regular basis.
NB: WE STILL EXPERIENCE BAD CELL PHONE RECEPTION - if you can't get through please drop us an email.
So far in 2013 we have travelled to:
1. Rietvlei Nature Reserve [on a regular basis].
2. We made trip to Botswana [Moremi].
3. Cullinan [where we had the a local beer taste - very much like grapefruit and had a Beef Stout Pie in one of the local "Kuierplekke"]. An article on our visit to Cullinan was published in Country Life.
4. We made a trip from Pretoria to Bloemfontein [en route we visited the Sand Rivier monument and Ben Pretorius Game Reserve].
5. We made a weekend trip to Parys and the Vredefort Dome [we visited bushman rock art, old gold tunnels, a cheetah game farm, stone age and historical sites]. There are one or two articles forthcoming from this visit.
6. We visited Pilanesberg Game Reserve for a "come along, tag along" wildlife photography shoot.
7. WE also had the opportunity to visit the SAAF Museum Air Show at Zwartkops and in our EXPERIENCE AFRICA newsletter WINTER edition "Oom Gert van Phalagat" tells a story of the "Flying Fish Cart" Download it from our News and Newsletter section.
8. We visited Thsipise in the Far North and attended a Traditional Tsonga Wedding - read more about this in our Winter 2013 newsletter.
Apart from the Moremi trip all our trips are trips closer to home and thus short trips or WEEKENDERS - some of the places we visited warrants another or follow up visit.
1. 15-16 June 2013 a photographic stream train trip with Friends of the Rail and 13 July 2013 a photographic steam train trip with Reef Steamers. Learn steam train photography with experts contact us for more details
2. The Waterkloof Air Show promises to be a wonderful opportunity for avaition photography. More details on this event to follow.
Photo above: Traditional Dancersat a Tsonga Wedding
In our Winter Edition of EXPERIENCE AFRICA we report on a Traditional Tsonga Wedding and the tradition and customs of "lebola" in the modern Africa and we also have a look at what Tshipise in the Far North has to offer. We stop, pause and observe as we travel to this destination.. For info on this and other articles click on the link and download News & Newsletters
Photo above: Banded Mongoose in the campsite at Tshipise
The image above was taken near Tshipise in the Limpopo Province
We have made camping very easy with our fully equipped off-road caravans and off-road trailers. Just pack your food and clothes and off you go!
We specialize in the rentals of off-road caravans and off-road trailers where you can rent a fully equipped and fully serviced unit from us including bedding [linen], towels and all the cutlery and crockery in durable stainless steel you will need for your trip. Our caravans are equipped with a 12v/220v fridge/freezer, hot water geyser, gas stove and water tanks. We have choices of various brands to choose from. Download our inventory to see what you are going to get...
In our off-road trailer rental section you have the choice to either rent a fully equipped trailer as per rates card or you can rent one of our basic trailers with or without a rooftop tent [we have a couple of options available]. Our Brakhah and Conqueror range of off-road trailers are fully equipped and are not available as semi-kitted.
In our general camping section you can rent from us:
· Roof top tents
· VHF 2 way radios
· GPS instruments
· Fridge/freezer from 40litres to 80 litres [National Luna & WAECO]
· Recovery equipment
· Solar panels [ANLOF system] and backup batteries
The global "credit crunch" of 2008 affected us all. Are you going to buy new off-road caravans or off-road trailers or camping gear that you going to use only once in 2009 or are you going to be smart and rent it at a fraction of the costs of buying it?
When you rent an off-road caravan from us the current rate is R943.80 which includes VAT and insurance - please check our latest rates card as rates and charges may change without notice. This rate is nearly 50% cheaper than owning such a unit.
RENT B-4 U BUY or rather just rent your camping gear and equipment for 2011
picture above: fitting a Ngonyama manufactured new skid plate for Commander off-road caravan.
Browse through our web pages to see what we have to offer - or phone us for free advice.
In our Rental Products page you will find photos of some of our rentals products.
The business of Ngonyama Camper Rentals has also grown into a service and maintenance divisions where we do servicing, maintenance and repairs to customer’s off-road caravans and trailers as well as our own. If you experience an emergency in the bush we are geared and equipped to help, even if you are a 1000 kilometres away from us.
We also run the Ngonyama Safari Club which organises tours and safaris all over southern Africa. Very popular is our photography tours as well as the courses we present in: introduction to digital wildlife photography, planning a safari, bush mechanics [how to fix breakdowns in the bush etc.], how to use your GPS instruments, towing off-road and much more. Their stunning photographs and articles appear in various leisure magazines.
In our News & Newsletters section you will find a wealth of information on current conditions to various places in Africa south of the equator.
If you would like to receive our free monthly newsletter “Experience Africa” just drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe or you can call us on +27 +844410333 or +27 +12-9963027or fax +27 +865309658.